Good morning and Happy February!
I am new to blogging, but not new to helping people reach their personal health goals. It’s now February (how did that happen so fast?!?!) and I’ve noticed some people who so enthusiastically wrote New Year’s Resolutions to lose those holiday pounds are becoming fast discouraged. So, I invite you to recommitting to those resolutions!
Here is a list of tools to remember if you are among those who are becoming discouraged:
1) It probably took more than 1 month or 1 holiday season to get to your current state, so be easy if you didn’t reach your ultimate goal in January 2016. BUT BE MOTIVATED!!!
2) If you’ve moved away from your goal or even discontinued working towards it all together, I invite you to restart at any time! YOU WILL BE IN GREAT COMPANY!
3) Have fun with it! You can sweat, eat broccoli, work on deep breathing and still get results BUT if you find a way to enjoy your resolution, chances are YOU WILL STICK TO IT LONGER!
4) You are not alone! Join a fitness group, work with a trainer, bring a friend, invite your family and friends. YOU WILL HAVE SUPPORT!
5) Figure out an area of your life where you’ve been wildly successful. For some, this is easy to come by. For others, you may stop and think…but I’m pretty sure everyone has one thing they’ve succeeded in. Reflect on your success and write down what qualities helped you gain that success. Then see if you can transfer any of them to your fitness goals. YOU WILL BE INSPIRED!!
Well, I hope this helped. If you’d like support in RECOMMITTING to RESOLUTIONS, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shay Vasudeva is the owner and founder of URBANMONK, a company that helps people become the best version of SELF. She is a Certified Personal Fitness Trainer, Certified Nutritional Therapist, and Black Belt Karate Instructor. For more information you can go to: www.urbanmonk.biz or follow on facebook at www.facebook.com/urbanmonkaz.